Tender Mercies of 2013

This morning while I was in my thinking place, I realized that we received some huge blessings over the course of the last year.

  • Steven was working for almost the entire year, a huge improvement over the previous year.

  • The time Steven spent without a job allowed him to attend Trek with Hannah.


  • With our income this year, we have been able to start paying off our loans and building up our savings. 

  • Our car has worked well this year. It hasn't required any expensive repairs besides oil changes and new tires.
  •  I've been able to get where I needed to go while Steven had the car. 
  •  I've been able to attend institute, and I've learned a lot there.
  •  The kids' schools are within walking distance, so I get some regular exercise walking them to school.
  •  With no health insurance this year, we had no real need to go to a doctor. We've had very little illness and no broken bones. Peter's finger, which might have needed stitches, healed without even a scar. 
  •  I received a calling to teach Relief Society, which I am enjoying a lot.
We really have been blessed this past year. I am reminded of the scripture, "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts." (Moroni 10:3) The Lord has been merciful to us, and I am very, very grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop