Peter's Baptism

 (As told by Peter)

Today I was baptized! First, I changed into white clothes (like sleepers with short sleeves and no feet) in the bathroom. Next, we went into the chapel and sat on the very front row. Some people I knew were there, like the Murphys, the sister missionaries, and Sister Ellis, the primary president. We sang the opening song and had a prayer. Mom played the piano and Hannah led the music. We heard a talk about baptism. Then it was time for baptisms. Four kids got baptized today, and they saved me for last. When I got in, at first the water was really hot. Then it cooled down. I saw my family and my dad said the prayer and dunked me down in the water. When I came up, I was sopping wet, but I was happy. I had just been baptized! Then we went back into the bathroom and changed back into my Sunday clothes and went back into the chapel. We heard another talk about the Holy Ghost, then we got confirmed. I was last again. When it was my turn, I sat in the chair, closed my eyes, and folded my arms. The Melchizedek priesthood holders, including my dad, the bishop, and Brother Murphy came and put their hands on my head and my dad gave me a blessing. After the blessing, I shook hands with the men, hugged Dad, and went back to my bench. We heard another talk from the Stake Primary President, about what we get to do when we are eight. The Bishop said a few words, and then we had the closing song and prayer. I got a "My Gospel Standards" poster and a warm fuzzy blanket. I got the blanket because it is like the Holy Ghost.

Here are some pictures we took at my baptism:
 Just me and my Dad.
My family.

I liked being baptized!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop