Pinewood Derby 2014

Last night, Josh and Peter participated in their pack's Pinewood Derby. (And I actually remembered to bring the camera!)

Here is Josh with his LEGO car...
 ...and Peter with his banana car.

We arrived around 6:30, and had to do a bit of work to get the boys' cars as close to the weight limit (5 oz) as possible without going over. Below, Steven drilled holes in the bottom of Peter's car in order to insert a lead weight.

 As Assistant Cub Master, Steven got to man the computer program which kept track of whose turn it was to race. They did the race in three heats, one for each den, and then the fastest two cars from each den raced at the end.


Josh's car got second place for the Webelos, and I think someone said he got 4th place over all.

Peter's car won third place for the Wolves. (I think when I took the picture, he was disappointed that he wasn't in the top two and wasn't able to be in the final set of races.)

It was a great opportunity for the boys (and their parents) to use their creativity and ingenuity!

Comments

  1. I love this. Can't wait for my boys to be in cub scouts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop