Joy in Creativity

I find that there is something I really like about taking tools in hand to create something beautiful, or useful, or just plain interesting. I've mentioned this before in my blog on creativity. For Christmas, I received some wire, and I've had fun playing with it. Last weekend I made this pendant by wrapping wire around a stone:

 Yesterday, I crafted this bracelet by braiding together five wires. It holds its shape really well, so I didn't need to add a clasp, just bend it to the shape of my wrist.
There really is something very satisfying about making these things, about using my hands and tools to bend and twist and shape and create. I realized some time ago that I enjoy making jewelry a lot more than I care about wearing it. The joy comes in the crafting, in the creating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop