Creativity

One of the speakers at Time Out for Women mentioned a talk that President Uchtdorf gave in which he said, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before." This struck a chord with me, because I feel that desire to create very strongly. There are a lot of days when I just want to make something - whether it is jewelry, or a sewing project, a piece of art or an arrangement of music, I want to make something new and different. It was suggested that we inherited these creative tendencies from our very creative Father in Heaven.

I was looking around my house this morning and it occurred to me that everyone in my family has these same creative tendencies. They come out in different ways, but there is a current of creativity running through our blood. Here are some of the projects that were worked on/ made in the last couple days:

1. The kids have each carved their own pumpkin. Hannah and John carved theirs at a youth activity Wednesday evening. Josh and Peter have carved theirs over various afternoons this week.
From left to right: John's. Joshua's, Hannah's, Peter's (with Hannah's help)
This is the other side of Hannah's pumpkin.
 2. Last night, Hannah decided she wanted to make candles. She melted down a bunch of random candles I have on hand but never use, and made her own candles.
  
3. This morning, John was working on developing a contraption to help Hannah dip multiple candles at the same time.
 4. Steven baked sourdough bread last night.
 5. This week I crocheted this unicorn as a prop for Hannah's Halloween costume using this pattern.

So yeah, there is a lot of creativity going on around here. Need some extra creativity in your life? Watch this clip from President Uchtdorf's talk. It might inspire you.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop