Ghost Earrings


This morning, I made some ghost earrings that I think are very cute. I thought I'd show you how I made them.

    Materials: a 4" length of thin wire (I used 22ga.), a 3"x3" piece of white cloth (I wanted cheesecloth, but I didn't have any around so I used a thin muslin instead), a 1/4" bead, a sharpie, and round nosed pliers.


    First, using the round nosed pliers, I bent the wire in half, making a small loop in the top.


    Then I poked both ends of the wire through the center of the fabric, and then through the bead.

    I curled the ends of the wire up to form "arms".

    I kind of molded the cloth how I wanted it, pulling it down between the head and the arms, Then I drew on a face with the sharpie.

    When it was more or less how I wanted it, I dipped it in a jar of fabric stiffener, and then let it hang to dry, shaping it a little more in the process, so it would dry how I wanted it. I used a little more wire to help one of my ghost keep it's shape better, and removed it after the ghost had dried.



    Finally, when the ghosts were dry, I added ear hooks to the loops at the top, and they were done!


    If I made these again, I would probably try cheesecloth, (like the  ghosts I made in 2011) and make the earrings a little smaller - maybe use a 2" square cloth. If you ever try this yourself, let me know how it turns out, or, even better, send me a picture!


    Happy Halloween!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    A Talk about Gratitude

    How Clean is Clean Enough?

    Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop