Honor Roll Student

Today report cards were sent home for the second trimester. Hannah managed to get on the honor roll again with all As, and this time I actually remembered to bring my camera to get pictures of her receiving her certificate!
After the ceremony I had about 45 minutes until school let out and I didn't feel like going all the way home and back again so I accompanied Hannah to her classroom, and Peter and I took seats in the back to watch. Her teacher, Mr Wrzos (pronounced "Ross") had children read aloud stories that they wrote recently, and then the listeners gave feedback on things that they liked. During one of the stories, Peter decided to burp. Really loud. Several of the children broke out in giggles and I worried that Mr Wrzos would kick us out. Hannah read her story last, and I was impressed by both her story and the appreciation that the other children in the class showed for her writing. About 15 minutes before school let out, Peter told me he needed to use the bathroom. Luckily the story reading was done and so while the teacher was transitioning to another activity, Peter and I slipped out of the classroom. I hope we weren't too disruptive, but I did enjoy the opportunity to get a glimpse of what Hannah's classroom experience is like.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop