A Rushed Morning

Usually our schedule in the morning goes something like this:

6:00 Alarm goes off
6:15 Steven gets up and takes a shower
6:35 Steven gets out of shower, I get up and take a shower while Steven wakes up the kids.
6:55 I get out of the shower, we gather the kids(supposedly dressed by now) for family prayer and scripture reading
7:10 Breakfast time (usually  cereal, store bought muffins or bagels.)
7:20 Steven leaves for work, I help kids finish packing lunches, getting shoes on, gathering homework, etc.
7:30 We head out to the car for school.

I don't know if the alarm wasn't set, or if Steven turned it off in his sleep. For whatever reason we didn't hear it go off. Here is our schedule this morning:
6:50 Steven woke up and got in the shower. I woke up the kids, packed lunches and got breakfast on the table.
7:00 I got in the shower.
7:10 We had family prayer and ate breakfast. We decided we'll do scripture reading at FHE tonight.
7:20 Steven left for work. I hunted for lost shoes while John frantically tried to finish homework he's had since Friday.
7:30 We headed out to the car for school.


I'm glad we woke up as early as we did. I hate waking up late when it turns leisurely morning routines into hasty panic. As it was we missed our morning scripture reading time, but Steven and the kids still managed to get to school on time.

Comments

  1. hate panic mornings, don't like that feeling one bit! glad it turned out ok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop