Too Busy!!!

I'm sitting down relaxing for the first time today. And I have an hour before I need to be off and running again. I have so much that I need to do and I don't know where to start, or what I have time to start, or if I even want to get up and moving. It's kind of nice to just sit here. This morning I got the kids off to school, threw a load of laundry into the washer, cleaned out the kitty litter, straightened the house quickly, made sure Peter had a lunch and his backpack and I had my Primary things, transferred the laundry to the dryer and tossed another load into the washer, hopped into the car and dashed to my presidency meeting. After the presidency meeting I drove by the library to drop off a couple books, then took Peter to school, where he ate his lunch on a picnic table near the playground, and then went to class. From there I got gas and picked up some milk and bread, returned home to put away the groceries, pull the laundry out of the dryer (folding mine and Steven's, and sorting the rest into the kids' buckets) and transfer the other load into the dryer. And finally I could sit down to relax, check email and Facebook, check to see what bills need to be paid, and write a blog. In about an hour I'll go pick up the boys from school, help them with homework and listen to the younger ones read, make refreshments for FHE tonight, prepare and eat dinner, pull the other load of laundry from the dryer, have FHE, get the kids prepared for tomorrow (i.e. lunches and back packs packed) and get them to bed, and then go to bed myself.

Tomorrow will be similar, except that I am going visiting teaching and volunteering at Peter's class instead of having a presidency meeting and shopping. Sometime I need to find a viola for Hannah to rent. Paint buckets in my entryway and bare white walls are calling to me. With cooler weather I need to find where I stashed away my warmer clothes and I have a hankering to start another sewing project. Later this week it will be less busy in a way. Wednesday is early dismissal day, so the kids will be out earlier, but I don't have other things scheduled until parent teacher conferences at the middle school and John's scouts that evening. The boys will have Thursday off school so I'll have them home all day, plus an auxiliary training meeting that evening. Parent teacher conferences at the elementary school and a doctor's appointment for Hannah are scheduled for Friday. I wonder when my life got so busy. I used to have days when I had plenty of time to do whatever I wanted. Where did they go?

Comments

  1. Phew, reading this makes me tired. Hope you are surviving ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop