Creation Primary Activity

On Saturday we had a primary activity. The theme for it was "My Heavenly Father Loves Me", and it was based on the creation. We divided the children into six groups, and we had six stations that they rotated between, spending ten minutes at each station.

At my station we did shadow puppets. We were on the stage, with the curtains closed and the lights off, and I had a lamp shining on a wall. I showed the children how to make some easy puppets (a dog, an eagle) and then I let the children experiment. I had a bunch of cards with pictures of various shadow pictures and how to make them, that they could use for ideas.

Other stations included making animals with play dough, planting a seed, going through an obstacle course, singing songs about creations, and making a treat - chocolate pudding with crumbled Oreos and a gummy worm on top. After all the children had visited every station, we had all of the children come back to the stage where I talked about the days of creation (and how the stations related to the days), and we rested while listening to the song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" on CD. We discussed why God created the world and everything in it, and that it was because God loves us. I think all the children had fun.

When we announced this activity and passed out invitations, we gave each child two invitations and encouraged the children to invite a friend. Three of my children invited friends, but only one friend was able to come. Ironically, that was Hannah's friend, who came to help, since she and Hannah aren't Primary age any more. The girls helped at the play dough station, and seemed to have lots of fun there. There were two other nonmember children plus most of our primary children. I think we ended up with about 35 children total.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop