Edible Blessings

(Cat not included)
John built a tower with some of the cans of corn.
Earlier this week I received a phone call from a sister in our stake. She will be moving soon, and was wondering what to do with her extensive food storage, and she said my name came to mind, and she wondered if I would be interested in any of it. I thought about our food storage- which we have been using for the last year or so, and how much it had dwindled to little more than just the basics - still lots of wheat, but little left of anything else. Our food bills have been rising as I've had to purchase more and more food items that we have run out of. I told her, "Yes!" and so on Thursday, Steven and I went to her home to take some of her collected food off her hands. I was grateful that Steven was with me, because the food was in her basement, and it took him many, many trips up the stairs to get it all out to our van. By the time we had all that we thought we could use, the back of our van - with the back seats folded down- was piled several layers deep with boxes, cans, bags, and bottles. We drove it home and unloaded it into the house to sort, inventory, and find space for. By Thursday night, my pantry was full, with more food than has probably ever been in there since we moved in. The cupboard above my washing machine in my laundry room was stuffed full, and the storage closet in our garage was also packed with all that could be fit into it. We now have enough nonperishable food to last us for a long time. I am so grateful that this sister thought of us. I am sad that she and her husband will be moving out of state, but I greatly appreciate her gift.

Comments

  1. Wow! Love the can tower :) I am glad you have been so blessed. Enjoy!!! I can't count the many times that we've been blessed unexpectedly... when I didn't even know we needed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop