End of the School Year Events

Today is the kids' last day of school for the 2011-2012 school year. This means that our days have been filled with end of the year activities.

A couple weeks ago, we attended Hannah's orchestra concert and were amazed at how great the 7th graders sounded, especially when compared with the 6th graders.

A week ago, I got to accompany Joshua's class on a field trip to Dinosaur Ridge. It was fun, and I enjoyed seeing the fossils and learning about things I hadn't known before. John also went on a field trip to see a Colorado Rockies game last week.

On Tuesday of this week, the boys had field day, which involved a lot of fun games, races, and activities. John and Josh had their games during the morning, and Peter had his in the afternoon, so I came and spent almost the entire school day watching. Thankfully, the weather was not as hot as I had thought it would be, and we had some cloud cover most of the day. I still got a touch of sunburn, in spite of the sun block I had put on myself and the boys that morning.

Yesterday, Joshua's class had a cultural heritage celebration. His class has been working on reports on countries that their ancestors originated from. Joshua did his on England. When I've helped in his class the last couple weeks, I've been proof reading the kids' final drafts, and helping them with their reports in other ways. Yesterday's celebration had the children set their reports on their desks along with other things, particularly foods, from their country. I made hot cross buns for Joshua to offer to his classmates, their families, and other teachers who came to observe the celebration.

In a few minutes I will go attend the awards ceremony where John will get his certificate for being on the honor roll, an accomplishment he has achieved every trimester this year. I'm very happy with him.

The kids have made a lot of progress this year. I've enjoyed working with Peter and Joshua's teachers. (They gave me a beautiful hanging plant as a thank you gift for my help this year.) It has been a great school year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop