Gratitude for a Clean Kitchen

My dear visiting teachers came over this morning. We visited, and they shared a message, and then they asked - very sincerely- what they could do to help. I looked at the floor that I hadn't felt up to vacuuming one handed and thought of the dishwasher that was still full of heavy plates that I can only put away two at a time, and asked, a bit hesitantly, if they would be willing to help with some of the chores. Half an hour later, the floor was vacuumed, the dishwasher emptied - and loaded again with the dirty dishes. Hand-washable things were clean and put away. The sink was sparkling, the counters and stove top - with two week's worth of baked on grime - were clean, and the kitchen floor was swept. It is so wonderful to have a clean kitchen again! I don't think I've ever cried over a clean kitchen before, but I did today. I am so grateful for visiting teachers who are not just willing, but anxious to help in my time of need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop