Update on the Shoulder

The freedom to move,
To simply straighten my arm -
Magnificent bliss!

I went to the doctor this morning. I have permission to take my arm out of the sling! - when I'm at home anyway. He still wants me to wear it when I'm out and about to protect it for the next four weeks. 

Range of motion in my right arm right now: I can't lift my elbow above about halfway to shoulder level. I can't reach behind myself at all - I'm not supposed to even try for fear of popping it back out.

Physical therapy starts tomorrow. Hopefully I'll learn what I need to do to regain my flexibility.

Comments

  1. Glad that the range of motion of your shoulder is slowly getting wider. That just means that your flexibility is getting better, although you shouldn't overexert your muscles just yet. It's still in the process of healing, so giving it enough rest is a must. I hope you're feeling better, MaeLyn! Thanks for sharing that! Take care! :)

    Natasha Shelton @ Colorado Center of Orthopaedic Excellence

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop