10 Ways God is Like a Good Physical Therapist

As I've visited with a physical therapist once a week for the last few weeks to work on regaining mobility and strength in my arm after dislocating my shoulder a month or so ago, I've pondered this analogy. In many ways, God is like a good physical therapist.

  1. We turn to Him when we are in pain, feeling weak, or inadequate. When we are strong and healthy, we can feel we have no need for Him.
  2. He acknowledges our pain and weaknesses. He knows they are real and He is willing to work with us as we are.
  3. He sees our great potential, and what we can achieve if we commit ourselves. He knows that we can be strong and powerful, and free of the pains that come from weaknesses.
  4. He has the wisdom to know how to help us, to know what we need to experience to help us overcome our weaknesses.
  5. He gives us challenges and trials that he knows will stretch us, strengthen us, and increase our natural abilities.
  6. The things he asks us to do aren't often easy, and sometimes they are very hard. Sometimes it seems like we were better off before we started following Him.
  7. He will push us as far as we feel like we can go, and then encourage us to go farther.
  8. What we can do with His help exceeds what we could do on our own.
  9. He is aware of our real limits and he won't push us beyond them.
  10. If we strive to do what He asks of us, over time we will gradually become stronger and our abilities will increase. Eventually we will be able to reach our full potential, which will be beyond what we could have imagined.
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop