Good News! and Yes, I'm still here.

I went to the doctor this morning for a check on my shoulder, and the sling is OFF! I don't even have to wear it when I'm "out and about" any more! Yay!!!!!!

I will continue going to physical therapy for a few more weeks, and the doctor said it will probably take three months (from when I originally injured it) to fully heal. But, the mobility is slowly returning. I can just about raise my arm straight up now. I can't twist it much yet - yesterday I tried to rest my hand on my hip and just about died. I hadn't realized how much of a twist that was! The doctor said I'm not supposed to be twisting it... it might twist out of the socket and I'd be back at square one again. I definitely don't want that.

It still aches most of the time, but I suspect that the wet weather we've had for the last couple weeks has made it worse than it would otherwise be.

I realize I haven't been blogging as often as I should be. My weak excuse is that I've been busy. I've been reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's one of those series that is hard to put down, and it is really, really long. I'm nearing the end of book seven so I'm about half way done with the 14 book series. I've also been trying to index 100 names a day as well as a couple sewing/knitting projects and the shopping, laundry, callings, visiting teaching, scouts, etc.

Last Friday, Steven took the boys on a stake Father's and Son's campout. It rained over night, but it sounded like they had fun. They returned home Saturday morning just in time for Steven to clean up before heading to the airport. Since then, Steven has been in sunny Orlando, Florida on a business trip. He will return home tonight.

The kids' school year is quickly drawing to a close. I think they have five days left, counting today.
Hannah has already taken her seminary final exam, two AP tests (Biology and World History) and had her last orchestra concert of the year. Tonight she gets to play with the orchestra for the high school graduation.

John chose to carry his race T-shirt like a
banner as he ran, rather than wearing it.
Last Friday (before the campout), John ran a 5K race that was held at his school. He did a great job, and finished 12th of the 150 or so people who ran the race. On Friday, John gets to go on a "Field trip" to Elitch Gardens. It's still amazing to me that he is graduating from middle school and will be in high school next year! Where has the time gone?
John crosses the Finish Line, still running strong.


Several weeks ago I got to accompany Josh and several of his class mates on a field trip to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. That was a lot of fun. We got to see several exhibits, including one on Mythical Creatures. It was interesting to me to watch Josh interacting with his peers. He is a sensitive soul, and sometimes has a hard time with his class mates.

Peter continues to be his fun loving self. He is always making up new jokes and plays on words. For example, this morning he asked me, "What kind of animal makes weapons?"

"I don't know" I replied. "What?"

"A boa constrictor! Get it? A 'bow constructor'?"

I got it, and laughed with him. He comes up with a new one almost every day.

So that's where we are. Next week the kids will begin summer break and the vacations and scout camps and other activities will begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop