Warning: Bragging Alert

A couple weeks ago, I received a phone call that John was going to receive a reward at the 8th grade awards ceremony. I attended the ceremony, and watched as teachers passed out certificates to students who had shown outstanding work in each area, math, science, leadership, creativity, etc. The ceremonies were nearing the end, and John had yet to receive anything. I started to wonder if they had changed their minds or if there had been a mistake. And then John's name was called. He received an award they called, "The Sir Isaac Newton Award for Scholarship". He had earned the highest over all GPA over the three years of middle school of all the 200 or so students in the 8th grade at his school. Wow! I am very proud of him and all his hard work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop