Crossing a Bridge

Once upon a time, there were four adorable little children. And then they grew up.

Last night we attended Peter's very last cub scout pack meeting. He earned several pins, as well as his Arrow of Light. And then he walked across a bridge and became a boy scout. I didn't take pictures. I was standing on one side of the bridge with him representing his parents and his (former) Webelos leader. Steven didn't take pictures either. He was standing on the other side of the bridge to receive him as his new boy scout leader.

Boy Scout Crossover bridge: The bridge looked something like this, but without the handrails. As Peter crossed, he recited the scout law:
"A scout is 
trustworthy, 
loyal, 
helpful, 
friendly, 
courteous, 
kind, 
obedient, 
cheerful, 
thrifty, 
brave, 
clean 
and reverent."

I am grateful that my boys have the opportunity to be scouts. I hope they are learning these traits and becoming responsible citizens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop