The Request

He stares at me with those penetrating green eyes. Feeling uncomfortable I ask him, "What?"

"Meow." he says.

"What?" I ask again, not understanding.

"Meow!" He repeats. He starts to walk towards the kitchen, then looks back to make sure I'm following. As I follow him, he continues to chastise and complain. "Meow... Meeeow...Miaow... Meow!"

He leads me to his food dish, then looks at me again. "Meow!" he demands.

"What?!" I ask him again. "I just filled it an hour ago! You can't see the bottom, and even the water is fresh!" Earlier that morning I had filled the food dish, fished out the pipe cleaners that somehow always land in the water dish, dumped the dirty water out, and refilled that dish with fresh, cool water. What more did he want me to do?

"Meow!" He insisted.

Rolling my eyes, I bent over and shook his food dish a little. The dry food shifted position slightly.

"Whatever." I said, walking away. As I looked back, he was finally contentedly eating his breakfast. Silly cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop