Hannah is Home!

On April 14th, Steven and I left the boys and drove to Idaho to pick up Hannah from BYU-I where she has gone to school the last couple semesters. (see here.) We took her out to dinner that evening, toured the BYU-I campus (with a more knowledgeable guide this time) and then left her at her dorm one last night while Steven and I went to our hotel in Idaho Falls for the night.

The next morning, Steven and I took a walk along the river behind the hotel, enjoying the wildlife and the scenery, including the Idaho Falls temple, located just across the river. There were also some really cool benches along the path.


Eventually Hannah let us know she was ready and we headed back to Rexburg where we loaded her things into the car and then we set off to visit my sister Lindy in South Jordan, Utah. We enjoyed a nice quiet stay with her and Jessica that evening and then returned home the following day. 

I have really enjoyed having Hannah home the last few weeks. The first couple weeks she accompanied me shopping and to institute, and volunteered to drive the boys to seminary every morning. I think a lot of the time she was bored. Now she has settled in and her life has gotten busier. She is taking online college courses over the summer, including a children's literature class and an art class, and that gives her things to do.

Sunday she was called to serve as a Sunbeam teacher in our ward, which means she gets to teach the 3-4yr old children's class at church. She also talked with the bishop and began filling out mission papers to serve as a missionary in the fall. Her availability date will be her 19th birthday this September.

Hannah got jury duty on Monday, and actually got to serve on a domestic violence trial which lasted all day Monday and Tuesday as well. While there were a few things she didn't enjoy, like long waits and getting stuck in traffic on her way to the courthouse on Tuesday and being late, I think she enjoyed the experience as a whole. 

Last Friday, she started a new job working for a nanny agency. Friday was just training, and learning the rules, but this is a job she is excited about. Yesterday was her first day working as a real nanny.  Lucky girl gets to play with kids all day, something she really enjoys and get paid for it! My only concern about this job is that she doesn't get a lot of notice of whether or not she will be working on any given day, or where she'll be, or what hours she'll work. (This morning she got a text around 6:45 to see if she could be at a job by 7:30.) Since we share a car, it makes my life a little more complicated because I don't have the flexibility I'm used to. Someone suggested getting Hannah a cheap beater car while she's here and selling it after she leaves on her mission... I might need to look into it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop