The Other Half of Mothers Day

I made the mistake of writing about my Mother's Day before it was done. I thought they had given me all their gifts, and all that was left was dinner... but I was wrong.

Dinner was ready and I was waiting to be called to the table to eat, but instead I was asked to sit at the table while the rest of the family hid behind the living room sofa, and out came the puppets. Did you see Steven's puppet show from our last family reunion? (If not, see here!) Anyway, same characters. In this episode, Lehi was talking with his boys about what they were going to do for Sariah for Mother's Day. Suggestions ranged from a cruise (Nephi and his boats...) to making breakfast in bed, and then the day arrived and some some of the gifts turned out better than others. In the end, Sam made a card and they all signed it, and Sariah was happy. I wish I had filmed it... but maybe I can get them to perform it again. Following the puppet show, I received a beautiful hand made pop-up card from the whole family.


The day was finished up with some delicious strawberry shortcake, compliments of Steven. It really was a great Mother's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022

April 2023 Newsletter