Ward Talent Show

On Saturday, our ward had a talent show. People signed up in advance to either perform something or to display something. A friend of mine was one who helped organize the activity and she essentially told me I *had to* sign up for something.  So I signed up to display something.

The week before, I started browsing around the house for stuff to display. I decided that I probably had the most crochet stuff, so I started gathering them from throughout the house - the amigurumi from Peter's box, the doily from my dresser, the cardigan I finished crocheting just a week or so ago, various odds and ends from my craft area, a couple elves and things from my Christmas box...


 At Steven's suggestion I also brought my jewelry board with all the necklaces and earrings and stuff I have made.
 

And I brought a few calendars just for fun... This years, last years, and the Hogwarts one from a few years ago.

Steven brought some of his pinewood derby cars to display. He also performed his Lehi in the Wilderness puppet show, and that was a lot of fun. 

Other people displayed some cool things - a card game someone made up, a large collection of Star Wars stuff, including a LEGO Millenium Falcon, a lot of quilts, some paintings... One family brought a few of their pets - a bearded dragon, a couple snakes, a baby alligator.

The performances were fun too. There were some dances (Josh and Peter performed in one: "The Coconut Song" with the other young men), a lot of music, a magic show. The two young men who emceed the evening were fun too with their comments and jokes between performances. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop