A Busy Day

Yesterday exhausted me. At 9:15am I loaded the kids into the car and we went to the school for Parent/Teacher Conferences. Hannah's was first at 9:30. But before we could go in to meet her teacher, I had to take Peter to the potty. Anyway, Hannah is doing awesome in school. She got over 400 in all areas of the CSAPs last year-and that's really good. She will get mostly 'A's on her first trimester report card. John's appointment was at 10am. We got to his class room about 10 minutes early, and his teacher was still in conference with someone else so we went to see the PE teacher while we were waiting. I was able to tell her that the kids have walked home from school at least 5 times since the beginning of the year, so Hannah and Josh will get credit for meeting the 1st trimester fitness goal. John walks the track at school every day so he has already met the goal. We went back to John's class room, and had to wait another 5-10 minutes before his teacher was ready to see us. John also is doing really well. He has gotten 100% on every math test he's been given, his writing is full of similes and voice, and he says everything he does is easy. His teacher is having difficulty finding activities that will challenge him. Joshua's appointment was at 10:20, but we got out of John's appointment at 10:30 and his teacher was already talking to the parents of the student scheduled for right after us... so we had to wait a while to be able to talk with her. Josh is doing well, too. He is right where he needs to be for his grade level. He is learning to put words together to form sentences, he has the mechanics down - capitals, punctuation, etc. and he is adding voice. He reads expressively, and he knows almost all the sight words that he needs to know for first grade. After his appointment we raced to the car and drove to my presidency meeting, arriving right on time: 11:00am. Our meeting lasted two hours, interrupted only once when I had to show Peter where the bathroom was, and was very productive. I felt good about what we accomplished and decided. At 1:00pm I gathered up the kids, helped to clean up the basement where they had been playing, and we returned home. I was exhausted.

We had lunch and quiet time - during which I had to make some phone calls and do some planning. After quiet time, I helped Josh write words on 3x5 cards for a game his teacher had given him earlier. That took a while, and I think the sharpie marker I was using gave me a headache. Suddenly I looked up at the clock and realized it was 4:00. We hurried to get shoes back on and collect John from a friend's house, then picked up the girl up the street for the drive to the church for Activity Days. Driving to the church and back, and talking for a few minutes with the Activity Day leader took 45 minutes. Activity Days only lasts one hour, so after being at home for only 15 minutes, we had to return to the church to pick the girls up - another 45 minute drive. When I got back to the car with the girls, Josh and Peter both had to go back inside to use the bathroom. We finally got home around 6:00, the same time Steven arrived home, and it was time to make dinner (quesadillas) and I was ready to go to bed.

I'm glad I don't have days this busy very often. Today the kids don't have school, and the only thing we have scheduled for today is John's scouts at 7pm tonight. We may go to the library later, but nothing is due today so I don't have to. This is the kind of lazy day I enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop