Family Service Project

I'm sure this will be a quick one, since I've got all the kids running around (literally) here, and we have parent teacher conferences in less than an hour.

Last night for Family Home Evening I asked the kids what they would like to do as a family service project. (We've been talking about service in Primary this month, and I realized we haven't done many family service projects in the past.) The kids decided they wanted to give cookies to their school teachers. I had made sugar cookie dough earlier in preparation for cutting them out for activity and eating them for dessert, so we went ahead with our plans, setting aside the nicest (biggest, unbroken) for the kids to give to their teachers. It was fun, and the children are looking forward to delivering them when we go to conferences this morning. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to try to do at least one family service project each month. We'll see if we can think of lots of different ideas.

Oops! Josh just ran into a wall and has a bloody nose. Gotta go. Today should be an adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop