What Happens When I Take a Day Off:

Tuesday exhausted me. Wednesday I recovered. The kids had the day off school so I took the day off as well. I read a couple of Hannah's books, "The View from Saturday" by E.L. Konigsburg (yes, I did have to go look that up. She also wrote, "From the mixed up files of Mrs. Basil E Frankwiler") and "The Tiger Rising" by Kate DiCamillo.(Author of Because of Winn-Dixie) I relaxed on the couch most of the day while the kids were in and out, on the computer, playing with friends, making concoctions in the kitchen, playing games, doing puzzles and having fun. I didn't go anywhere. I renewed the one library book I had that was due yesterday online so I wouldn't have to go to the library. Steven took John to scouts last night. I had a very relaxing, enjoyable day.

Today, I've paid the piper. I got the kids to school, then came home to clean the mess that resulted from the kids' activities yesterday. I cleaned out the cat's litter (Okay, I did do that yesterday too, but with four cats it has to be done every day.) I am washing laundry *realizes dryer just stopped, leaves to take laundry out of the dryer and move laundry from washer into dryer* I made a phone call that I've been thinking about making for two days now. I prepared a potato dish for a Relief Society dinner tonight so it is all ready to bake. Then I went to the library, the grocery store and got gas. Peter fell asleep on the way home so I have an hour to relax now before I have to pick up the kids, supervise homework and chores, sort, fold and put away clean laundry, finish baking the potato casserole, make dinner for my family and get to Relief Society by 6:00.

I think I'll go read "Pride and Prejudice" and enjoy a world where they very rarely seem to have these kinds of chores and errands to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop