Random Thoughts II

Hmmmm. What's on my mind today? Well, first of all, I'm thrilled that April had her baby last night, that her husband was able to come back from Afghanistan to be there for the great event, and I look forward to when I can see them all in person. Yes, I did just see April a week and a half ago, but I still look forward to seeing her with her long lost/newly found family.

Another thing that is rarely far from my mind these days is my calling. Primary yesterday went smoothly. I finally feel like I have some grasp on what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment and I'm not feeling quite as overwhelmed as I was before. I will feel better when I know who my teachers are going to be next year, and which class each is going to teach. At last count I still needed to find five new teachers. However, yesterday the new chorister, nursery leader and activity days leader were sustained. I consider that progress!

I'm looking forward to the holidays.We had a really nice Relief Society dinner last night where we were taught various ways to emphasize the "Christ" in Christmas and I'm thinking of ways to implement them. At the same time, I'm kind of concerned about what impact the cats will have on the decorations. What will they do to my nativity scenes and ornaments, and what if one decides to climb the Christmas Tree?! Abish still likes eating cardboard, and they've already unwrapped one of Steven's birthday presents that one of the kids left lying out on the piano. What will we do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop