Wicked!

I got to see "Wicked" last night with Steven, Lindy and Thom. I had been concerned about having a babysitter, but April received clearance from her doctor and was able to come up. She had a few contractions, but hasn't gone into labor yet. I'm so grateful that she was willing and able to come and watch the kids for me.

It was exciting to dress up, drive down town, and walk down the 16th street mall for the very first time. It was fun to see the bicycle - pulled carriages, and a horse drawn carriage along with the shuttle that provides transportation up and down the street. We had dinner at Chili's, and the food was good, and the conversation was fun. For dessert I had a shot glass sized key lime pie, that was really good, but it was frozen, which made it difficult to eat.

After dinner we hurried to the theater where Wicked was being performed. Lindy and Thom had seats on the orchestra level, and Steven and I had seats up in the balcony. I didn't know much about the story, other than that it was about the witch in the Wizard of Oz. I had only heard the song, "Popular" because I came across it on You Tube when I found out I was going to see the musical. I really enjoyed the performance. The singers were wonderful, the songs were fun. Guh-Linda was hilareous! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

It was late when we finally returned home, and I was exhausted. I had no trouble falling to sleep but it was harder to wake up this morning. April was sleeping on the couch in the living room and I felt bad when she had to wake up for our 6:45 scripture reading. Just after scripture reading it became obvious that John wasn't feeling well, and he threw up shortly after that. So he is staying home from school today. I sure hope our guests don't get sick! I've really enjoyed their company and I hope they don't come to regret that they came.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop