Joel Hills Johnson

Someone in the Joel Hills Johnson Descendants Group on Facebook posted a link to a page that told the story of the writing of the song High on the Mountain Top yesterday.

The link is http://www.boap.org/LDS/Early-Saints/Joel-J.-High-on-mout-top.html

I'm not going to copy the story here... You can click on the link to read it. (Hopefully the link will stay around for a while.) Anyway, I think it is cool to be descended from a man who had such a great love for the gospel and the land where he lived.

Joel Hills Johnson is my great, great grandfather. 
He is my mother (Rebecca Asay)'s 
father (Seth Asay)'s 
mother (Susan Johnson)'s 
father (Seth Johnson)'s 
father. 

I remember once when I was visiting with my grandparents at their home in St. George, Utah, I played the song, High on the Mountain Top on my grandparents' piano. My grandfather was in the room and heard me play, and afterwards, he told me how much he loved that song which his great grandfather had written.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop