Life in Colorado

The weather here in Colorado drives me crazy sometimes. Yesterday, the skies were overcast, but the weather was fairly warm. Even at 7:30 last night, when I was picking Hannah up after rehearsal, it was about 47*, which seemed warm. This morning we awoke to a winter wonderland, the trees wearing a coat of white about an inch deep, and clear blue skies. The sidewalks on the way to school this morning were treacherous, as though the snow fell in clumps and then froze, leaving a layer of crunchy ice, still white and lumpy. However, the electronic sign at the school said the temperature was already 37* at 8:00 this morning, and sure enough, by the time I returned home, the ice on the sidewalks was already beginning to soften and melt. By this afternoon, it will probably be mostly gone.

Picture taken with my phone last week.
I mentioned before that they are rehabilitating the park down the street. A week and a half ago, we saw some trucks pull up in front of the park loaded with huge fence pieces, and by that afternoon, the playground, pavilion area, and surrounding area were entirely enclosed with tall chain link fences. Since then there haven't been any noticeable changes. This morning I noticed a couple trucks parked there, one labeled with the company that seems to have charge of the rehabilitation, the other an electric company. Maybe they are making progress - underground or something. I look forward to when I can see more visible progress in making the park a more fun place to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop