The Dilemma

Yesterday, Josh came home from school not feeling well. He complained of a sore throat and he was coughing. I think he threw up last night. He ended up going to bed as soon as FHE was over. This morning, he claimed he was feeling better and wanted to go to school, and I just got home from taking him there. And yet, I'm wondering if that was a good idea.

Usually I try to go by my children's word of whether or not they feel well enough to go to school. I hate when they say they want to go to school but I keep them home for whatever reason (like they had a fever the evening before and the school says to keep them home for 24 hours after being sick) and they spend the entire day driving me crazy because they don't feel sick in the least and they are either bouncing off the walls or bored.

On the other hand, today Josh had the Colorado state assessment tests (TCAP) which the school really wants every child to be in attendance to take.

So I let him go. Because he wanted to and he said he felt well enough. I made sure he had a water bottle with him so he could drink his fluids. He usually stays for choir after school on Tuesdays, but he has my permission to come home after school if he doesn't feel up to it. If he does feel worse, I hope it isn't until after I get home from Institute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop