A Busy Week as a Single Mom

It's Saturday. Some time today, Steven should return home from the Scout canoe trip he's been on since early Monday morning. I haven't heard a thing from or about him, so I assume that he's okay. I hope he's having fun.

This week has passed kind of quickly actually. We've kept busy for the most part doing something or other and nothing too disastrous has happened. On Monday we went visiting teaching, to the park and swimming. On Tuesday we borrowed some movies and had a movie day at home. On Wednesday I had two visiting teaching appointments, then we went to the park and that night John had scouts. On Thursday we took Abish to the vet, and later we went to the library and then swimming. Yesterday (Friday) was spent shopping. We made our menu plan for August, from that we made up a shopping list, then we went to Sam's Club, came home and unloaded, then went to Walmart to complete the shopping as well as pick up school supplies for the coming school year. With four kids in school this year, it was rather expensive. I was happy that I only lost Peter once, for a few minutes. I don't like taking all the kids shopping with me, but I didn't have a lot of choice - it was either yesterday or today, and either way I was going to have to take them with me. Today so far we've been cleaning house, except for Peter, who last I checked, wasn't even dressed yet. What am I going to do with him???

I don't know what time Steven will get home today; I imagine sometime between lunch and dinner, but I'm sure when he does get home he's going to shower and then probably sleep the rest of the day. I look forward to having him really "with" us again. He has stressed about this canoe trip for almost two months now; I hope he can relax now that it's over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop