Arapahoe High School

There was a shooting at Arapahoe High School today. From what I gather from the news sites, a student at the school, dressed in army fatigues, entered the school with a shotgun, searching for a specific teacher. He shot two other students - one of which is in critical condition, another was injured, and then the gunman shot himself and died. The targeted teacher left the school as soon as he knew what was going on. Law enforcement was on the site within minutes of the event, but didn't fire a shot; the gunman was already dead.

Other students at that high school and others nearby were placed on lock down. Security was increased at the schools in my children's schools as well.

What is it about schools that draws these kind of events? Is it frustration? Is it a plea to be noticed? to be recognized as a person of importance? Are schools places where people feel suppressed, so people go there to vent their frustrations? I don't understand.

I hope the student who did this finds peace somehow in the spirit world. I hope the students who were the victims recover and are able to live long and happy lives. I hope the shooter's family receives the help that they will need to recover from this tragic event. They all will be in my prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop