Josh and the Dragons

This bright and clear morning, as we walked through 4 degree temperatures to school, we discovered a sewer drain that had no snow immediately around it, and steam was rising from it. Josh entertained me the rest of the way to school by telling me that this sewer is inhabited by an amphibious two-headed fire/water dragon. This dragon eats rats or mice - whatever it can catch and easily cook or boil for dinner. I think he said one head breathes fire, and the other water.

He also informed me that in the Book of Mormon, where it says the Lamanites had their stuff stolen while they were asleep (I'm guessing he got this from Hel. 13:34 or Ether 14:1), their stuff was actually stolen by robber dragons. These robber dragons live in China and don't have wings, but they are very good at climbing. Apparently God transported some to America so that they could steal the Lamanite's stuff.

Incidentally, in our family scripture reading yesterday we read Alma 43:44 where it says the Lamanite armies "did fight like dragons". If they fought like dragons, then dragons must have existed, right?

I love my kids. I love that they are soaking in the things that they read and hear and that they are thinking about them. I love the way they use their imaginations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop