Who Would You Be?

If you chose anybody from tale, book or movie, 
to trade places and lives for a while, 
Who would you choose? What would you do?
Which character best fits your style? 

Would you like to have tea with Anne-with-an-e? 
Or ride on a raft with Huck Finn? 
Would you like to consort with Darcy or Wart? 
Or Pocahontas or Abraham Lincoln?
 
Would you go to school to learn how to rule,
To become a wizard, or spy? 
Or maybe a ranger, or viking in danger,
An inventor or wise private eye?

Would you put up a fight to become a great knight?
Or would you rather find pirates and treasure?
Would you ride a big horse as a matter of course,
Or find some sweet child to nurture?

Would you climb up a mountain to drink from a fountain 
that promised you eternal youth?
Would you follow a star or drive in a car
As you sought for an egg or a tooth?

You could be a hobbit, fairy, elf, or rabbit,
Or would you rather be an ogre, wolf or troll?
You could be a super hero, demigod or zero,
Travel via wardrobe, ship or hole!

Dragon or vampire, legend or memoir,
Alien or robot or cowboy -
There's really no ceiling, so what sounds appealing?
What life would you choose to enjoy?

Comments

  1. So, I've been thinking about this all afternoon and all night, and after considering several options, I made a discovery: I love my life. I don't know why it came as such a surprise that I would choose the life I have over all the others I considered. Maybe it means I've grown up, and have nothing left to aspire towards. Maybe it means that I've stopped dreaming. Maybe it means that I've just totally lost my imagination. But really, I am quite happy with the life I have and I would not trade it in for any other, although it would be nice to have some magical powers to accompany it. I would love to be able to clean up my house in the blink if an eye, and travel long distances without hassle. If I could magically make my children get along or make my baby sleep longer, that would be nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop