Anticipation

We've gone over the first little bump in the roller coaster of summer, and almost before our stomachs have settled from the last drop, we feel ourselves being tugged up a hill several times as high, and we know that the rest of the summer will be one very wild ride.

Picture taken at Father's & Son's Camp Out May 17th, 2014
Yesterday was spent washing laundry, not only clothes from our last camping trip, but also washing all the sleeping bags because they had a kind of musty odor to them - like they were packed away damp at some point in time and never had a chance to air out properly. (That could have been at the Father's and Sons' Camp Out... I think Steven said something about them packing up in the rain. One of the sleeping bags was full of sand - also from that trip, I imagine.) They don't get dry completely in our dryer, so I had to drape them over chairs and stuff all over the living room so they could finish drying before rolling them up and packing them away for our next camping trip - which happens to be tomorrow.

The plan for this week is to go to Durango, CO, where we will join Steven's mom for an adventure or two or three before we return home again Saturday. I know a train ride and a river rafting trip are both on the itinerary, and I'm sure it'll be a blast.

So today will be spent packing up again, making sure we have everything we will need for this trip. Josh and Peter both packed their back packs with three days worth of clothing as well as jackets, swimsuits, towels and toothbrushes, etc. before they left to play at a friend's house for the day. John is washing his laundry, and Hannah probably will too, so they will have clean clothes to pack. I still need to pack my things and go through our general camping equipment to make sure we have what we need there.  I've arranged for someone to drop in to feed the cats and water the garden - I still need to get them the house key. We need to drop some books off at the library and pick up some foodstuffs at the store. If I'd been on top of things, we could have done those last Saturday after we got home from our last trip, but I was too tired then to think. What else will I wish later that I had taken care of today?

At any rate, I need to get to work. By the way, there probably won't be another blog this week. We'll be on vacation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop