What To Do?

It's funny what a difference a month can make. A little over a month ago, I would walk my boys to school and return home to a quiet house for the next seven hours, and I would find things to do to keep myself busy for most of the day, and not really think anything of it.

This morning around 9:45, friends came to pick up Josh and Peter and took them to their house to play for the day. At 11:15, Hannah and John were picked up to go to the church for Youth Conference, which will continue the rest of today, and most of tomorrow. Steven is at work. I have the house to myself for the next six hours, and already I'm scratching my head. What do I want to do today? The last couple days the kids and I have played with LEGOs. We've watched movies and played Life and Monopoly and Rack-o and Pit. Yesterday I took the boys to the pool.

So what can I do when I don't have anyone else around? Do I start a new project? Do I have an old project around somewhere I can finish? Do I have something to work on for a birthday surprise? Should I work on my lesson for Relief Society or make plans for scouts? Do I bake something? Should I clean out the play room, or a cupboard, drawer, or closet? Could I read a book or write a story? Should I go for a walk or a jog? Will I hate myself later if I play games on the internet or just take a nap? The possibilities are endless (or at least within walking distance - I still don't have a car), which makes it hard to limit it down. What should I do today???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop