What do you do?

What do you do when the weather grows cold-
when the grass is covered with blankets of snow
and the streets with patches of ice?
When to go outside means to see your breath
but lose sense in your fingers and toes?
There are some who say, "Yay!" and run out to play
with their coats, hats, mittens and gloves.
They search out their sleds and carrots for noses
for snowmen, build forts, and snow angels.
I hate to drive on icy, slick roads,
not knowing if I'll stop or I'll go.
I'd rather stay inside, read books and drink cocoa,
wrapped in a warm fuzzy blanket.
Does that make me strange?
Like a grinch or a Scrooge?
I hope not. I don't mean to be.
I'd just rather be warm, toasty and comfy,
and I really don't like to freeze!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop