Am I Weird?

When I was a child, I got a thrill from watching for that magical moment when the hour changed on a digital clock, the :59 becoming a :00, the hour digit changing. It was an especially big thrill if I got to see it at noon or even better, at midnight.

Now that I'm older, watching the clock change has lost some of its appeal (and who wants to be awake at midnight, anyway?) But now I find myself watching the odometer in the van... To see all those 9s becoming 0s is kind of cool. Yesterday I noticed that sometime in the next week or so, our van will reach 144,444 miles, and I was hoping that I would be the one driving when it does.

Do other people do this? Or do I really need to find more sources of excitement in my life?

Comments

  1. yep. I do this. Our van hit 100,000 not too long ago. I think I took a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this. Celebrate all the little things :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop