Bits and Pieces, Odds and Ends

I woke up with a headache this morning, and I don't really feel well, but I'm trying to keep in the habit of writing every week day, so this is what you get.

Steven is still enjoying his job. After that one week of working late almost every day, he hasn't worked late much since then. Now when he's late getting home, it is usually because of traffic, accidents and the like since he has to commute clear across town.

One day, shortly after Halloween I asked Google what "Dr Who" is. I'd heard my friend Tabitha mention it, and a girl in our ward showed up at the Trunk-or-Treat as a weeping angel, and I heard that it was a Dr Who thing, and I wondered just what Dr Who was. Anyway, I discovered this British science fiction TV program involving aliens and time travel and big explosions and suspense and I've decided that I really like it. I watched the weeping angel episode, "Blink" first, but since then I've begun watching from season one episode one, and I've worked my way through the entire first season so far. My thoughts are picking up a bit of a British accent and way of speaking though, so I may be watching more than is really good for me.

Last night my sister Heather and her family stopped by for an hour or so on their way home to New Mexico and I got to see a niece for the first time. It was really good to see them. I miss seeing them as often as we used to when they lived in Colorado Springs.

I'm enjoying the weather we've had lately. It seems like autumn is determined to be autumn, and not allow winter to arrive a day earlier than it has to, so even though the leaves have changed color and have mostly fallen to the earth, the temperatures remain fairly warmish - mid sixties anyway, and we really haven't had much snow yet besides a faint dusting once or twice that melted off by mid morning. I'm happy to let winter wait as long as it wants to. 

Last night Josh wasn't feeling well. As we were sitting at dinner, I watched as his eyes slowly filled with tears and started to overflow. When asked what was wrong, he replied that sometimes this just happens, and he starts to cry with no reason. He felt a bit feverish, and we sent him to bed early. This morning he seemed fine besides an occasional cough. I sent him to school with a water bottle and an admonition to drink lots of water today.


John has been learning to program in Python, and he has written programs for mazes, mastermind, and right now he is working on a 3D tic-tac-toe game. He gets home from school, does his chores, and then asks, "Mom, can I do some coding?" He gets on Steven's lap top, and I frequently won't see him again until dinnertime. I think he is growing, too. He is sleeping longer than he ever used to before (whenever he can), and I've noticed that his pants legs are creeping up leaving his ankles and socks exposed. He still won't wear a coat unless the temperature is close to freezing. He is also working on learning to play "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet" on the piano well enough to accompany singing in Priesthood opening exercises.

Peter is going through a difficult stage. He doesn't like to change his clothes, he doesn't want to take baths, he pretty much doesn't want to do anything I want him to do. He doesn't like to wear shoes. He does like to draw. He does like his stuffed animals. He doesn't like to interrupt when other people are talking, but he gets very upset when others keep talking and talking and don't let him have his say.

Hannah is my pickiest eater. She doesn't like pretty much any kind of pasta, particularly lasagna, but she will eat Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. She doesn't like chicken unless it is either smothered in BBQ sauce or cooked to perfection in the crock pot. She doesn't like pancakes, but she will eat waffles. She won't eat most vegetables, and dumps the veggies out of the ramen cups that she frequently has for lunch. She is a fan of Heather Dixon. She spends a lot of time hanging out with friends.

So that's your update.

Comments

  1. maybe I'll have to try Dr. Who again. I tried watching a few episodes a couple years ago and I think I watched the first three episodes and lost interest. I hear so many people like it though, I'll have to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop