Spring Break: Day 2

Day two of Spring Break is drawing to a close and the biggest question on my mind is, "Will we ever get to go to the park?"

This morning the hour of cleaning went well. Hannah did ten strips, but one was put back in the bucket because it wasn't done well enough. John did five strips.

I had an appointment to go to the park at 10am to meet a couple sisters I visit teach. About 9:40 I was ready to go out to the car, kids were dressed to the shoes, I had a snack packed, we were ready to go. And John threw up. So I called my companion and let her know we couldn't be going after all. Hannah was really disappointed, and blamed John, who proceeded to throw up twice more in the next hour.

The remainder of the day was not fun. We couldn't go anywhere with John sick. After a while I tried to do some things on the computer and the whole time John, who was feeling better by then, was asking, "When are you going to be done?" and "What more do you have to do?" He reminded me of a vulture waiting for something to die. After a while I gave up and let him be on the computer.

In the afternoon I had to fold the laundry--which is a thankless task on the best of days. The kids weren't helping much. They were bored and having trouble finding productive things to do. It seemed like every time I turned around someone was doing something that bothered someone else, or else they were hurting themselves, or wanted to do something they couldn't do, or didn't want to do something that they were supposed to do. I'm tired and worn out and I still have one last load of laundry in the dryer I still need to fold.

I really hope John is healthy tomorrow so we can get out and go to a park or somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop