Spring Break: Day 4

I am ready for this week to be over. Today has been a long day. The cleaning this morning went fine. The kids finished almost all the job strips that I had. I think the only one they didn't finish was "Clean Peter's chair". I don't really blame them; the food is stuck on and the chair is filthy. I guess I'll have to do that one myself.

After the hour of cleaning the public areas of the house, I told the kids that if they could get their bedrooms clean before noon, I would take them out for ice cream. That was motivation enough for Hannah. She cleaned her room pretty well, although her closet still needs work. The boys, on the other hand, were not motivated by ice cream. At noon, I don't think they had even picked up one thing. They spent most of the afternoon in their room, playing. It wasn't until about 5pm that John started picking up some things.
Hannah spent much of the afternoon complaining that she was bored, and that she doesn't get to go get ice cream today even though she cleaned her room. Sometime today the kids pulled out blankets and pillows and made a mess of the livingroom. I'm tired. I spent the afternoon trying to ignore the kids, and designed a new desktop picture for my computer. I kind of like the aquarium feel to it.

Did I mention that Photoshop is working on my computer again? I can get it to work if I "Run as Admistrator", but not if I just click on the icon. The kids can use it no problem. Go figure.

Steven is at Scouts tonight. I don't know how many of his boys will show up, with it being spring break and all, but he wouldn't cancel it "to make a point."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop