John Runs BolderBoulder 10k

2nd breakfast
Today was a busy day! John ran in the BolderBoulder 10k that is held every year.

5:30am. Alarm clock goes off, get dressed, John eats breakfast. I take Josh and Peter to put out flags in people's yards for a scout fundraiser. Steven walks with John to the school where John eats second breakfast and gets a ride to the bus stop on his way to Boulder. Hannah gets to sleep in.

John's running club at the school
7:45am. I return home with Josh and Peter, we grab bags of cereal for "breakfast". Steven, Hannah (just woken up), Josh, Peter and I climb in the car and drive to Boulder.

8:20am. Arrived in Boulder. We drop Steven off to go find John at the starting line. The rest of us search for a parking space, then head for the starting line ourselves.

At the starting line
9:11am. John's wave starts. Steven had found him and taken his picture. The rest of us wandered around searching for John and/or Steven, but didn't see either of them. Hannah (who was wearing flipflops), Josh, Peter and I started heading back towards the finish line. Eventually Steven met us and we walked together to the finish line, which was in a stadium.

running
10:00am. We arrive at the stadium. Steven and Hannah head towards the actual finish line with the camera. Josh, Peter and I stay close to where the runners enter the stadium to watch for him.

still running
10:23am. John arrives. I see him and call Steven to let him know. John ran/walked the 10 kilometers (6.214 miles) in 1 hour, 22 minutes, 17.06 seconds. He averaged 13 minutes, 15 seconds per mile.

10:30am. Our family is reunited. John turns in his tag and gets his lunch. We headed back to where I had parked the car.



11:00am. We arrive back to the car. We find a Subway for lunch. We drive home.

12:45pm. We arrive home. Steven and I take a long nap.

3:00pm. The kids and I put on swimsuits and go to the pool.

4:45pm. We get home and change. I finally get a shower.

5:30pm. I take the boys to help collect the flags that we put out that morning. We end up just helping to re-roll the flags and store them.

6:15pm We return home and start making hamburgers for dinner.

6:30pm. We skype with my parents (who are serving a temple mission in Nauvoo.)

7:00pm. We eat dinner.

after the race with his running coach.
7:30pm. I download the pictures from the camera, edit them and start writing this blog. Hannah is making cookies. Steven has left to run some errands that didn't happen earlier in the day.

Very soon. We all go to bed. Sweet Dreams!
This was our route from the parking lot to the starting line to the finish line and back to the parking lot. The kids and I walked almost 4.5 miles today. 

This was the route John got to run.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop