Knitted Sweater

The first weekend of April, I started knitting a sweater. I had a pattern, but I didn't have the right size needles to get the same gauge as the pattern specified, so I had to figure out how many rows/stitches I needed to knit in order to get an ultimate product the same size and shape as the pattern required. (I hope that makes sense...) Anyway, I miscalculated a couple times and had to do some "frogging" (unraveling several rows) and "tink-ing" (unraveling stitch by stitch). I also changed yarns after knitting a couple parts, and had to go back and knit new pieces in the new yarn color. (Anyone want a sweater with bright white long sleeves?) I got to one point and realized that I didn't have the right type of needle to knit the edge and collar. (I was supposed to use circular needles 29 inches long, and I didn't have the right length or size required.) I thought I was stuck, until Peter asked if I could crochet it instead. After some thought and figuring, I figured out that I could. So I was able to finish after all, just not quite the way the pattern suggested.


Anyway, yesterday I finished - almost. I need to get to a store to get buttons, but other than that, it is done! I like it. It fits. I tried it on last night while Peter happened to be playing with the camera and he took a picture of me wearing it. (I was half blinking or something in the picture, so I cropped my face. You didn't really want my face in this anyway, did you?)

Ironically, the month or so that I was working on the sweater, we were getting snow on a weekly basis. I finished it, and suddenly the weather decided it was time for summer and we've had 70-80 degree weather the last couple days. Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop