Time and What I Do With It

Today is Monday. The last day of school for Hannah is Thursday. The boys' last day is Friday. This is my last week of seven hours of peace and quiet five days a week.

The evenings this week are going to be a bit busy. Tonight, Hannah has a final orchestra concert. That will be our Family Home Evening. Tomorrow is our stake temple night. Wednesday we have scouts. Thursday I have a visiting teaching appointment. Friday evening is open at the moment (Steven and I may go to the temple that night if we don't tomorrow night.) Saturday we have missionaries coming over for dinner.

The big question is, what will I do with my days this week? My institute class wrapped up last week, so I don't have that to go to. Considering this is my last chance to have time to myself to work on projects without kids around for three months, I have surprisingly little planned. Today, I've cleaned house, washed laundry and baked bread. I have no idea what I will do tomorrow, or the next day. On Friday, Hannah will be home and Peter's class is having a family picnic that I may attend. Other than that, my schedule is totally open.

Open schedules are nice. I don't particularly like having tons of places to be and things to attend. This past Saturday seemed crazy for some reason. Anyway, here is what our weekend looked like:

On Friday after school, Steven took the boys on a father's and sons campout. It sounded like they had fun. (I sent the camera with Steven, but it didn't look like he took very many pictures.) Hannah and I planted our vegetable garden, watched "The Parent Trap", ate ice cream and gave ourselves pedicures. I enjoyed spending some one-on-one time with her.

Saturday morning, I got up, made breakfast for Hannah and myself, and straightened the house. The boys arrived home from their campout at 10am just in time for us all to climb in the car to head for the church to help with the spring cleaning of the building. There were a lot of people there to help, so we finished around 11:30, and then we enjoyed a barbecue with the other helpers. We got home a little after noon, and by 1:30, I was in the car again with Hannah, John and Joshua on the way to the library, and then to play at a park. (Steven and Peter were resting.) We returned home for a short rest and dinner (stroganoff) before Steven and I headed out to make an appearance at a graduation party. I should have fit grocery shopping in there somewhere, but I didn't have the energy.

Yesterday was more relaxed, with nothing scheduled before church at 1pm, and only Hannah and I had after-church meetings to attend. (Hannah had BYC, and I had a cub scout committee meeting.) Steven had dinner ready and waiting for us when we got home. (I helped by getting the potatoes in the oven on time bake before we left for church.) Steven baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

So that was my weekend. It seemed busier to me than it actually was. I enjoy those days that I can stay home and enjoy time spent with my family. I should enjoy this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop