Busy Sunday

Yesterday was one of those days when I remember that I have four callings. Here is my day in a nut shell:

4:50 AM Woke up to a loud popping noise from outside. It was probably fireworks, but it might have been a gun shot. It was followed by two more loud pops, then another four. When I didn't hear any more, I tried to go back to sleep.

6:00 AM Gave up on trying to return to sleep, and got up to finalize my Relief Society lesson. I printed up slips with the sections from the lessons I wanted to read so I could hand them to people instead of trying to explain to them which paragraphs I was talking about.

7:00 AM Showered and dressed, gathered my visual aids (A wedding picture, my marriage license, a copy of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and pictures of Adam and Eve and Lehi and Sariah from the Gospel Art Kit, as well as a picture of the ten lepers) and what else I would need at church, read the comics in the newspaper, ate breakfast, sent the kids to get dressed.

8:30 AM Took my things out to the car.

8:35 AM Returned to the house to see what was taking Peter so long to come out... pulled some shoes out of a storage bag since Peter couldn't find his. Left for church.

8:50 AM Arrived at church. Put my big framed pictures in the Relief Society room, got chalk and eraser from the library, went to the chapel to put up the hymn numbers, confirmed with the choir conductor that the choir was singing, sat on the stand a few minutes before Sacrament Meeting began. Conducted the hymns in Sacrament Meeting, sang with the ward choir.

10:10 AM Sacrament Meeting let out, went to teach the 7&8 year old kids about saying "Thank you". Had my chalkboard drawings made fun of, but had a good lesson any way. (I don't usually teach primary, but I was subbing for someone that week.)

11:05 AM Dismissed my class to go to Primary, then went to Relief Society to write my opening question on the chalkboard, display my pictures and play a short prelude on the piano before Relief Society began. Accompanied the opening song, taught my lesson about Eternal Marriage. Went overtime by a couple minutes so I didn't have to play the closing song, but I did play a brief postlude.

12:05 PM Church was over, but Hannah and John both had BYC after church so the rest of us waited around for half an hour or so for them to get out of their meeting.

1:00 PM Arrived home. Had lunch. Read a picture book. Fell asleep on the living room couch.

1:55 PM Woke up, realized the sister missionaries were coming over in five minutes. Hurried to clear up from breakfast and lunch and tidy the living room.

2:05 PM Sister missionaries arrived to teach us a lesson and encourage us to be more missionary minded and share the gospel with our friends.

2:45 PM Missionaries left. Worked on crossword puzzle, watched a movie on the life of President John Taylor.

5:00 PM Began making shepherd's pie for dinner.

6:00 PM Ate dinner. Worked on crossword some more.

6:50 PM Left with Steven to attend a Primary Scouting Meeting. (We are separating from another ward with which we have been combined for scouts for the last couple years. Steven is moving from Webelos leader to 11 year old scout leader. I will be the new Webelos leader.)

8:40 PM Returned home. Sent the kids to bed, prepared for bed myself.

9:40 PM Turned off the lights and went to bed.

10:30 PM or so.... Finally got to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop