To Quilt or Not to Quilt

If I were going to make a new quilt... I'm not saying I've completely decided to yet... but if I were to make a new quilt, I think the pattern would be similar to the picture here. I might call it "Stars and Boxes". Can you see the stars? Can you see the boxes? What other patterns or shapes can you find? (Wow, I sound like I'm writing for kindergartners!)

My problem is that I haven't sewn a quilt in years. The last one I pieced together was completed sometime before April 2010 (I mentioned it in this blog) and I never finished it because I'd like it to be machine quilted a certain way, and I can't afford to have it professionally quilted, and I haven't gotten enough practice to feel comfortable quilting it myself that way. 

So, if I were to make another quilt, it would be smaller, maybe only wall hanging size or at most twin bed size, so I could practice machine quilting so I might eventually, potentially, finish the other quilt that has been sitting in my closet for the last four and a half years or so. 

Part of me is saying, "Do it!" Another part is saying, "Don't start something new until you finish the one you've already started!" (which seems to be the one I've been listening to for the last four years) And a third part is asking, "Do you really want another project to work on? At least wait until after Christmas!" 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop