May I be excused? My brain is full.

My mind is in a frenzy. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is because I think there is a lot that I should be remembering to do right now? But when I stop to think about what I should be doing, I can't think of anything. It's weird. It makes it hard for me to concentrate on what I am doing because I keep thinking that there is something else that I should be doing... it isn't good. Maybe if I made a list?

Christmas ...Gifts... check. I think. The gifts for Steven and my kids are all finished, bought, wrapped, done. Gifts for my sister are ready to give her when she comes over today. Gifts for grandparents... still need to be wrapped and mailed. Okay. That's 1) Wrap grandparent gifts so Steven can mail them tomorrow.

Christmas... Eve/Day... I went shopping yesterday and got the food stuff for Christmas breakfast and dinner as well as ingredients for making cookies. I don't think there is anything else I need to do now.

Primary Stuff... Hmmm. Christmas gifts for the kids are ready to pass out on Sunday. My counselor is in charge of gifts for teachers and seems to have that in hand. I talked to the bishop yesterday about staffing issues for next year... not much I can do about that now. I finished writing the history and emailed that off this morning. Missionaries are doing sharing time this Sunday. I've looked over the sharing time for the following Sunday and have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do. That seems to be under control.

Kids... Today is the last day of school for the year. I sent them off to school with gifts for their teachers, treats for their parties, school library books, homework and lunch money for Josh (to pay for the time he left his backpack--with his lunch in it--in the car and they gave him a school lunch instead of letting me know so I could bring it to him. We've been getting automated phone calls every week since then: Your child Joshua owes $2.35 for purchases in the school cafeteria" So I'm paying for it finally.) I can't think of anything else they needed, and they haven't called to ask me to bring anything. They should probably clean their rooms when they get home. 

Home... I did my usual 30 minute pick up this morning so the house looks presentable. I suppose I could do a load of laundry. 2)Wash laundry


Pets... John is in charge of cleaning out the litter this week but he hasn't been doing a very good job of it. One of the cats had an accident in Hannah's closet this morning, (they do that when the litter gets too full) but I already cleaned it up. I might want to help him out with that this morning. 3)Scoop out cat litter. The fish tank is starting to look a bit green and the water level is low. I should probably change that too. 4)Clean out fish tank.


Steven... is going home teaching tonight, to cub scout pack meeting with us tomorrow night (I'll need to make cookies for that tomorrow), skiing with the scouts on Saturday...I can't think of anything he's asked me to do for him other than read a book that he got half way through and stopped reading. He asked me to tell him if it was worth finishing. I don't mind... I was looking for a book to read anyway.

What else? I could go to the library... but I think I'll wait until tomorrow when I can take the kids with me and they can pick out what they want to read over Christmas Break.  Is there anything else I need to do??? Are those four things the only things I need to do right now? If that's it, why does my brain still seem so full? Oh well. I guess I'll get to work and then see if I feel better once that is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop