Winter Blues

It has been too cold for too long. The thermometer on our front porch says it is about 2 degrees outside. Today is about the fifth day of below freezing temperatures and I am sick of it!!! Instead of snowing and melting off within a day or two, like it usually does here, the snow has stuck, and hasn't melted at all. It makes it hard to want to get out of the house at all, and the last couple days I've only left to get the kids to and from school. I cancelled a presidency meeting yesterday... we didn't have that much we needed to talk about, and I really didn't feel like driving on the slippery roads. Also, yesterday I started feeling sick - not flu, but a really bad cold. My nose is stuffed and my head is aching, I think primarily from the pressure in my sinuses. I don't feel like doing anything... except curling up with a good book, wrapped up in a blanket. I wish we had a fireplace and that Hannah and the other kids hadn't finished up all our hot chocolate mix.

Usually I like living in Colorado. I love living in a place that has four seasons. I love watching the trees turn bright colors in the fall, and waiting in anticipation for the first dafodills and hyacinths of spring. I relish the hot sunny days of summer (it helps that there is a pool we have free access to.) I even enjoy the quiet evenings in winter with snow falling outside--when I can stay at home and relax and enjoy it. I don't like driving in it, and I don't like being pent up in the house when I have things I'd like to do elsewhere. Oh well. The newspaper says Saturday should get up to the 40s. I look forward to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop