Moonlight

Last night, as I was driving home after visiting teaching, I noticed the beautiful full moon. It was gorgeous! When I got home, I went inside to grab the camera and went back out to try to take a picture of it. Unfortunately, my little point-and-shoot camera had trouble with the concept of trying to take a picture of something as far away as the moon. It wanted to use the flash... I couldn't hold the camera steady enough... the street lights were in the way. I am not really a photographer, like a couple of my wonderfully talented sisters with their fancy cameras and tripods. I eventually set the camera on an electrical box near the street, and did the best I could. This morning I've been having fun editing the picture, cropping, editing out a street light or two, and eventually, I got an image that I like. It doesn't quite have the same feel of that bright, crisp moon with the wispy clouds drifting in front of it that was the original inspiration, but it's still not bad.

Here is the original photo:

Here is my artistic interpretation of it:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop