An Enjoyable Evening

Lately I've been reading Hannah's library books. She has found an author, Andrew Clements, who writes fun books about school kids. Last night after dinner I asked her what book she got for me to read, and soon we were sitting on the couch, and I was reading the book out loud to her. It was fun! John was across the room reading another book, and Josh disappeared after a while, but for a couple hours I had Peter sitting on one side of me and Hannah on the other side crocheting while I read to them. We got through about three fourths of the book before I happened to glance at my watch and realized it was past Peter's bedtime and realized that I hadn't seen Josh in a long time. I got Peter to bed, and noticed that Josh was already sound asleep in his bed. I finished reading the book silently on my own, then passed it to Hannah so she could read it. It was a very enjoyable evening for me. I wonder if Josh went to bed early because he was tired, or just bored since everyone else was reading, and he just doesn't have the same enjoyment of books that the rest of us have. Oh well.

Comments

  1. Sounds like nice time together. Hopefully Josh was just tired and not getting sick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop